Dear Readers, I have a social dilemma. Perhaps you can give me some advice.
This year is a milestone for me and I want to celebrate it. (For one thing, if I don't, I'm going to be mighty depressed on that day!) I want to have the tea at my favorite local tea shop. But I feel awkward sending the invitations to celebrate my own birthday. It's not really appropriate for DH to send them, because
a) He's not a tea-and-crumpets kind of guy
b) He won't be attending the event
c) Everyone will know the moment they see the invitations that I wrote them.
A friend offered to help DH a while ago, but she is going through a very difficult divorce, and I just don't feel I can add to her burdens by asking her to do this right now. But then, she might be offended if I don't ask her. But if she can't do it, she'll still say "yes" because she's that kind of person, and I don't want to ask.
What should I do?
* Put DH's return address labels on the invites and pretend I don't know everyone will see through the charade?
* Ask the friend who's getting divorced to send the invites for me, even though I'll feel horribly guilty about it?
* Just send them in my name and hope everyone doesn't think I'm conceited?
* Ignore the birthday and just send invitations to tea?
* Ignore the birthday, and do all the work at home again this year?