Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beer for my Horses

Yes, I have been listening to country music lately.  Out of sheer desperation and boredom, I am streaming live country music station feed into my computer.  I used to listen to country all the time when I was younger, but it isn't very popular here on the east coast so I hid my preference for it.

But, today I have a cold and am feeling goofy!  So I will now sing Toby Keith and Willie Nelson's song "Beer for my Horses" which I can't get out of my head.

No, not really.  But you can watch it on YouTube.


"Justice is the one thing you should always find
You gotta saddle up your boys
You gotta draw a hard line
When the gunsmoke settles, we'll sing a victory tune
And we'll all meet back at the local saloon

We'll raise our glasses against evil forces
Singin' 'Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.'"


Kind of appropriate for the part of my book that I'm working on right now.  I'm at 63,400 words and hoping to break 70K today.

OMG - someone actually made a LOTR video for it!  I'm dying laughing!

5 comments:

  1. I'm at the same point in my WIP - right about 64,000 words and trying to figure what and how to add in. I grew up working in horse barns trying to help pay for my horse's board. There was always country music on, it's been a while though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to learn to ride, Jolene. I never had the chance, except for one summer when I babysat for a woman who boarded horses and helped her with basic stable chores. In return she gave me one lesson every couple of weeks. I think I only had four lessons, though. I got as far as trotting and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you break it to 70k today. G'luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try western riding; jump on, hold on and ride. Nothing to it :D

    I love Willie Nelson but Toby Keith?
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video is awesome! I'm a huge LOTR fan and this was great

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for the word verification. I hate it, but the spammers made me do it.