Monday, June 18, 2012

Revis-a-thon Time!

Okay, folks, this is it. I am giving myself two weeks - actually a week and a half - to finish revising my novel. I will be childless until June 28th while my son visits his cousins out of state, so this is my last, best chance to get things done. Perhaps it's perfectionism, or lack of experience, or just cowardice, but the thought of finally committing to one complete set of words and hitting "send" absolutely terrifies me. I know, I know, I've spent five years on this project and am more than ready to move on with my life. But what if it's horrible? What if no one likes it? What if they say, "Great story but your writing stinks?" Or worse, "Great writing but the story stinks?"

I don't know but I will NEVER FIND OUT if I don't SUBMIT it!

6 comments:

  1. *squee How exciting.
    I hope your revise-a-thon goes well and your manuscript sparkles.

    I will have some reading time available if you want me to look at the novel a chapter at a time. Don't worry if it is just a chunk from anywhere with a specific request.

    Good luck with your mission ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Elaine! That would be awesome. I will totally take you up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My main concern is strengthening the weak spots in the plot and catching all the passive voice and unneccessary adverbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your revise-a-thon! I can totally relate with spending a long time on a project and being ready to move on. I know it's hard but try to ignore those inner critical voices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really scary to sent something out. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for the word verification. I hate it, but the spammers made me do it.