Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm Gonna Get My Laptop

Woo-hoo!!! I am so excited.  I'm going to get my laptop.  Finally!!!!  Praise the Lord, I can have my OWN computer to write my novel... just for me and nobody else to use.  Hallelujah!

I really feel blessed.  Several opportunities have arisen for me to earn some side money, and I just logged on to my credit card's rewards website (which I've never bothered to check before) and found out I had a nice chunk of change waiting to be redeemed there, too.  So when I add that to the birthday money my family gave me last year, and counting the coins in my Laptop Fund jar, I should have enough for a modest machine.

Now, what kind to get?  Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. How nice, to be able to get a present for yourself! I'd advise something fast, with a full-size keyboard.

    My daughter likes her HP, and I'm pleased with my Thinkpad. (I'd have got an HP like her, but the current ones had fancy patterns on, which I could not bring myself to buy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like I might get a Dell Inspiron 14, with a six-cell battery that should last 5.5 hours. And I have to buy Microsoft Home which is another hundred bucks on top of the cost of the computer. Argh. I'm cringing at spending that much money on myself, and on my writing. Why couldn't I have taken up knitting? LOL!

    I suppose I should just take my blessings and be gratful.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for the word verification. I hate it, but the spammers made me do it.